- 2 c Flour (feel free to use white whole wheat/whole wheat substituting 50% of the AP Flour or all of it.. I say… live a little)
- 1/2 c Oats (rolled or instant is fine)
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed (opt’l)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c Oil (something with very mild flavor, coconut oil works great!)
- 1/2 c Honey
- 1/2 c Milk (any type of milk works… coconut, cow’s, almond, soy, rice, fresh goat, etc)
Fruit and Veggie Ingredients
- 1 medium ripe bananas (black spots good, green bad; approx. 1 cup)
- 1/2 Pear (1/4 cup small chopped)
- 1/2 Apple (1/4 cup small chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 medium Carrot (1/4 cup shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside for a little nap.
- Put wet ingredients in a Large bowl and, using a stick blender, puree until smooth. Add each fruit/vegetable ingredient one at a time, puree until smooth after each addition. (I like to just scoop/chop/shred right over the bowl, hence the approximate cup measurements. I personally think a little extra fruit/veggie really won’t screw this cake up.)
- When wet/FV mix is well incorporated (i. e smooth like whipped butter with some beautiful fruit peel flecks) dump the dry ingredients mixture right over it. Using a rubber spatula fold to combine until just moist. Scrap down the sides a few times as you go. But don’t get stuck on making all the whiteness dissappear.
Pan and Baking Options
Choose one of the following types of pan:
- 9×9 square pan
- bundt pan
- 2- 12 ct muffin pans
♥Really the choice is yours. I don’t think the baking goddesses are going to judge you.♥
- Grease the pan(s) if they’re not nonstick.
- Scoop or scrape the batter into chosen pan. For muffins fill about 2/3 of the cup.
- Place in preheated oven (or in my case your toaster oven, yes… yes you can. ) and bake until golden brown and cracking on top. Approximately an hour for cake pan, probably about 30 minutes for muffins, the key is testing with the insertion technique descibed below.
♥ Insert a clean knife, toothpick, straight smooth pointy ended non toxic item, in the center to test for doneness. If it comes out clean and free of batter, it’s done! If not, bake it for about 5-10 more minutes and test again. ♥
Don’t get stressed out about it if you have to do this a few times… you will get to eat this eventually. So will you’re impatient beautiful children, who won’t stop asking if it’s done yet during the entire process. Just breath in that delicious aroma wafting through your kitchen and sit with them and snuggle for a bit.
That’s what I like to do anyway.
♥Remember you’re oven temp may vary from my oven, so pick whatever setting you normally use for a basic cake, cupcake.♥
- Remove from oven, let cool in pan for about 10 mins.
- Flip out onto a plate, slice and serve.
Serve with honey or butter or honey-butter or jam…
Really the choices are endless.
Heck yes, you could totally serve this a la mode!
Eat it warm or feeze it for approximately 3 months.. I think, but it probably won’t make it to the freezer, from people gobbling it up before you can locate an appropriate container for it. So note to self, next time make two.
Have a beautiful day!